Principal tasks include:
• Organizing and preparing national project activities
• Facilitating and organizing the logistics of the activities in Thailand
• Running seminars and trainings, assisted by local resource people
• Assisting training participants after the project events, foreseeing adequate follow-up. Among many other, this may include visits to factories where seminar participants work, so as to get information and check on the situations at the workplace.
• Assisting affiliates in organizing drives and collective bargaining efforts, including through informing IndustriALL to ensure international support to those unions engaged in organizing or bargaining
• Assisting in writing, producing and/or distributing materials and publications for use in project activities
• Assist affiliates in ongoing communication with IndustriALL affiliated unions involved in the project, including through responding to e-mails and phone messages. This includes translation of communications between IndustriALL and affiliates in Thailand.
• Providing support to the Regional office in regional or global meetings held in Thailand
• Report on the project on a quarterly, midterm and annual basis
• Undertake other possible tasks within IndustriALL Global union
• Thai citizen
• Knowledge and understanding of trade union, human rights and the labor movement in Thailand
• Knowledge and skills in project management /education and administration
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Capacity to communicate confidently with union members and leaders
• Self-directed, action-oriented, organized, flexible and reliable
• Capable of working in a team and with people from different countries and cultures
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), Internet Explorer, Skype, social media
Salary and benefits:
This is a full time position. Salary, social security and other benefits is negotiable.
Applications by 10th April 2018
Please email your application, including your Curriculum Vitae and a letter explaining why you want the job to [email protected] by 10th April 2018. We will interview short-listed candidates on the basis of their Curriculum Vitae and supporting letter and complete the application process so that the Project Coordinator can start work as of 1 May 2018 or earlier.
IndustriALL Global Union is a global trade union organization, which represents 50 million workers in mining, energy and manufacturing sectors in 140 countries. IndustriALL focuses on building union power all over the world through organizing and campaigns, fighting for an economic and social model that puts people first, based on democracy and social justice. The IndustriALL Southeast Asia Office is one of the five regional offices operating globally. The office is led by the Regional Secretary, Annie Adviento.
Disclaimer: All third-party opinions expressed via IASWI accounts linked to and from this page are those of the individuals concerned and do not necessarily represent those of IASWI or its affiliates. No copyright infringement is intended nor implied. To discuss this disclaimer or the removal of appropriate credit for materials of which you hold copyright please contact us. All the third party videos and contents found on workers-iran.org is not hosted on our servers; all third party videos or contents are hosted on a third party site. The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by the various authors and news sources on the www.workers-iran.org do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of the IASWI or official policies of the IASWI. These posts are only generated for the purpose of information sharing on the labour related issues.