IndustriALL is implementing the project Organizing workers in the RMG sector in Bangladesh with support from FNV Mondiaal. IndustriALL is looking to hire a coordinator for the project who will primarily report to the IndustriALL South Asia regional secretary and will work closely with IndustriALL s TGSL director and programme officer.
The project coordinator will
- Coordinate project work as needed for the project Organizing workers in the RMG sector in Bangladesh, under the supervision of the regional secretary.
- Assist the regional secretary in drawing up a detailed work plan for the project.
- Liaise with all affiliates in the RMG sector in Bangladesh for implementing the project.
- Liaise with other project partners in the project as required
- Conduct all workshops and meetings as specified in the project document and report them to the regional secretary
- Organise and prepare project activities, including logistics
- Help run educational seminars and trainings, assisted by the regional office and identify local resource people
- Identify and brief local resource people
- Submit project reports as required according to agreed deadlines, including financial reports
- Work with the regional finance officer on the budget, expenditure, and financial reports as required and submit them as per agreed deadlines
- Work on all aspects of the project implementation, reporting and evaluation
- Assist in organising drives, including through ensuring international level support to those unions carrying out organising or bargaining, where needed
- Assist in writing, producing and/or distributing materials and publications for use in the project activities
- Advise the regional secretary on political and trade union situation in the RMG sector as needed
Qualification and experience
The project coordinator will have a good knowledge of workers rights and trade unions in the RMG industry in Bangladesh. She/he will be able to interact with workers and unions, as well as the civil society. She will have a good command of Bangla and English languages, both in speaking and writing.
The coordinator will have good experience in working with trade unions/ community organisations.
Interested applicants are required to email [email protected] with their CV, and a writing sample before 20 August 2018. The project work will start immediately thereafter, by September 2018
Disclaimer: All third-party opinions expressed via IASWI accounts linked to and from this page are those of the individuals concerned and do not necessarily represent those of IASWI or its affiliates. No copyright infringement is intended nor implied. To discuss this disclaimer or the removal of appropriate credit for materials of which you hold copyright please contact us. All the third party videos and contents found on workers-iran.org is not hosted on our servers; all third party videos or contents are hosted on a third party site. The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by the various authors and news sources on the www.workers-iran.org do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of the IASWI or official policies of the IASWI. These posts are only generated for the purpose of information sharing on the labour related issues.